Saturday, October 3, 2009

First things first

"Anna, you're on edge."
"There's no edge here!"

And therein was born the title of this blog. Anna's still in that concrete stage of toddler-hood, which provides some much needed daily humor. Since this blog will inevitably cover some of that humor, along with the adventures of a toddler and her baby brother (Isaac), it seemed fitting that the title come from the kiddos.

More than that, the title aptly describes how I've felt about life for the past decade or so. I like edges - well defined problems, solutions, choices, and life paths. I'm pretty much a hobbit in that sense. But the edges have gotten fuzzier over the years, especially since becoming a parent, and they don't look to solidify any time soon. So the other purpose of this blog is to allow me to record how I've tried to navigate my surprising life. To "talk it out."

The danger here is succumbing to some hard core navel-gazing (I'm a world class navel gazer), but I hope to avoid that by posting not too frequently: posts that are more retrospective than on-the-scene. I'm sure the kids will also prevent me from over-posting. At this point I can rarely even type with two hands.

So there you have it - another blog among millions. But a little anonymity never hurt anyone.

3 comments:

  1. An auspicious start to an exciting chronicle of life in the Touryan house. - Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin forward to your posts sis!

    ReplyDelete